Join the voluntourism movement in Puerto Rico. Fajardo Inn is open and welcoming guests! Despite the devastation of hurricanes Irma and Maria, we’re working hard to provide a beautiful place to stay. Whether you’re looking to relax and recharge or make a difference, we’ve got you covered.
Lend A Helping Hand
In our last post we highlighted the top aid organizations making a difference in Puerto Rico. These organizations are still accepting donations and putting them to good use. But, there’s more that can be done!
Many relief operations are looking for volunteers to bring much needed assistance to hurricane victims. Whether through distributing food and supplies, or identifying homes in need of critical repair, there is no shortage of ways to help. FEMA directs aspiring volunteers. You can also find a list of opportunities through National VOAD.
Relax and Take It Easy
What should you do after a long day of giving back? Enjoy all the beauty – and fun – Puerto Rico and the Fajardo Inn have to offer! While some amenities are down, like Wi-Fi (who needs that on vacation anyway?), the bones of our paradise resort are intact.
- Both onsite restaurants are open for business. The Starfish Restaurant – a true Puerto Rican dining experience – serves specialty dishes that feature Puerto Rican and Caribbean influences. The Blue Iguana Mexican Grill & Bar offers a more causal dining experience, serving traditional Mexican dishes and cocktails.
- The Jaggery fitness center offers both fitness classes and cardio/strength equipment. After a vigorous workout (or hard day rebuilding) visit the Javana Salon to get some much-needed pampering before a night on the town.
Make Time To Play
There’s still a lot to do nearby. Relief efforts may go on for months, but adventurers and beachgoers are always welcome!
- There are many companies in Fajardo that offer sailing excursions. Some will take you out for a day to visit nearby islands while others offer overnight tours.
- Fajardo is situated near several beautiful beaches. Seven Seas Beach is only 5 minutes away and is an excellent place for snorkeling. The shallow waters are full of tropical fish, coral, and other marine life.
- Clear waters and beautiful sea reefs make Fajardo one of the best places to scuba dive in Puerto Rico. Just bring your PADI certification or call ahead to make arrangements.
- Parasailing has become a favorite among island travelers. Flights are easy to arrange and no special skills are required. In no time you’ll be floating through the air, without a care in the world.
There you have it. Voluntourism is alive and well in Puerto Rico. So, come visit! There are countless ways to help and just as many opportunities have fun and relax. The hurricane season has been devastating, but people from all over the world are coming together to enjoy Puerto Rico and help those in need.