Planning a romantic Valentine’s getaway for two? Palm trees, beaches, and romantic adventures make the Fajardo Inn in Puerto Rico the perfect couple’s paradise. Whether you want to relax and recharge or get busy exploring, this Caribbean destination has something for you and your sweetheart. Here are our top ten things to do in Puerto Rico on Valentine’s Day:
- Visit the beach. Puerto Rico is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. They’re perfect for romantic days lounging in the sun or long walks along the shore. Seven Seas Beach is especially beautiful in February.
- Try parasailing. For adventurers, there’s no better way to reconnect with your Valentine. Before you know it, you’ll be flying through the sky, free as birds.
- Have an island excursion. Enjoy a scenic ferry ride before exploring the beautiful islands of Culebra and Vieques. While there, visit Flamenco Beach. It’s rarely crowded and offers lovely areas for snorkeling.
- Charter a sailboat for two. Set sail and enjoy the Caribbean Sea with your Valentine. You can plan a cruise at sunset or have a moonlit sail. There’s nothing more romantic.
- Take a tour of Old San Juan. Here, over 500 years of history along with a thriving art scene and plenty of delicious restaurants make Old San Juan a lover’s paradise second to none.
- Immerse yourselves in San Juan’s vibrant culture by visiting the San Juan Museum of Art and History. The museum houses paintings and sculptures by the city’s top artists as well as an important collection of Santos that are currently on special display for the public.
- One of the best things to do in Puerto Rico is kayak in a bioluminescent bay. Be amazed as the plankton come to life as you paddle through the water. TIP: check out where the moon is in its lunar cycle. You can enjoy a bio bay at any time, however, a clear night around the new moon will give you the best view of the stars above and waters below.
- Have a romantic dinner at one of Fajardo Inn’s on-site restaurants. The Starfish Restaurant – a true Puerto Rican dining experience – serves specialty dishes that feature Puerto Rican and Caribbean influences. The Blue Iguana Mexican Grill & Bar offers a more casual dining experience, serving traditional Mexican dishes and cocktails.
- Enjoy golf for two at a nearby course. Rio Mar, designed by Greg Norman, offers two courses set beside panoramic views of the ocean. Trump International Gold Course in Rio Grande features two 18-hole courses that are among the most challenging on the Island.
- Plan a special picnic at Playa Escondida, or Hidden beach. What could be more romantic than enjoying a private meal with your Valentine on the beach?
As you can see, there’s no shortage of things to do in Puerto Rico this Valentine’s Day. To book your stay at the Fajardo Inn, visit our Reservations page. We’re always happy to help with planning your dream getaway.